- Mixkit is an online content service where we make certain content available for download (Items).
- Your use of our Items is subject to our Mixkit License. There are a couple of important limits to your license rights: you must not (a) use an Item to build a service or product that is similar or competitive with Mixkit (or try to); (b) aggregate or collate an Item(s) and make available on a stock or inventory basis; (c) use an Item in the context of adult content (such as nudity or sexual services), supply of weapons or gambling services, exploitation of children, hate speech, defamatory content, misleading or deceptive conduct, or any illegal activity; or (d) sell physical or digital copies of Items without first altering them by applying skill and effort, and incorporating other elements (merely printing an Item on an object such as a mug or shirt is not sufficient alteration). The provisions of the Mixkit License continue to apply to all use of the Item, even when you sub-license or transfer it.
- Items can contain trademarks or brands owned by third parties that have not been cleared for use by you. It is your responsibility to evaluate whether your use of these Items requires the permission of those third parties and if so, to obtain that permission.
- As Mixkit is a free service, Mixkit (and Items) are made available to you on an “as is” basis and without warranties of any kind, express or implied. To the fullest extent permitted by law, whether under contract, tort or otherwise, we exclude liability to you, including indirect loss, damage or expense. Our total liability to you is limited to $10 USD.
- Please remember that your use of Mixkit, Items and the context in which the Items are used by you, are solely your responsibility. You indemnify us against all losses, costs (including legal costs) and liability that we incur in connection with a third party claim relating to your use of Mixkit and Items.
- As we continue to develop and improve the Mixkit service, we may amend these terms or even cease providing the service at any time. In addition to any other legal rights we have, we can terminate your license rights (and require that you cease all use of Items) if you breach the Mixkit License or User Terms.
- The laws of Victoria, Australia govern these terms, and you submit to the jurisdiction of the courts there for the resolution of any dispute between us.
- By continuing to access our service you agree to be bound by these terms.
- We respect intellectual property rights. Read more in our Copyright Policy.